Sunday, August 29, 2010

Go outside & play!

Wheels!
Go outside & play!
That is what I heard when I was little, after Captain Kangaroo & Romper Room. The TV was off until my mom's stories were on in the afternoon & I was kicked outside to play. Free to roam the neighborhood, only required to be home when the street lights came on. Ah, those were the days!
9th grade
My 1st car
When I was a teen all I wanted to do was be OUT of the house, I didn't mind being IN my friends' houses, I just didn't want to be at MY house! As soon as I got home I would turn on the TV to watch Dark Shadows, House Party & Lloyd Thaxton & then do my homework. After that, if  I weren't on restriction I was out of there! If I were on restriction I would sit in the front window, watching who went by and wishing to God I was not cooped up in the house. By the way, I was on restriction a lot - I had a bad habit of climbing out of my bedroom window. I was bad, what can I say. 

Danny & me, ready for a walk.

Nothing changed after I had my 1st son, we walked EVERY day, rain or shine. I think that is why he was rarely sick. But then things changed and I started having more kids and I got a car. (I got the car after my dad died, before that it was my mom's car.) I stopped walking but I was gone a lot in the car. I can pretty much say I maintained that MO until just recently. Now, if I don't have to go out I won't. If I have to go out, I don't want to. I mean I go to work everyday and all that, just when I am home I don't want to leave. Have I finally settled down? Has my restlessness subsided? I know I don't have any kind of agoraphobia. I guess it is just that I have so many things to hold my interest at home now. 
This is where I am right now!
I know I might need to go out and I just don't want to and I really don't have to. It is hot outside, maybe that is the problem. I don't like hot so much any more. Gas costs too much, maybe that is it. I am too fat, maybe that is it. Who the hell knows, but I wish I could just find a happy medium.