Friday, August 6, 2010

My e-mail to Stand Up Speak Now

I find your program interesting & I am hoping it is successful. But given the times I have to ask you…where do you and your committee stand politically. Pardon me for bringing politics into this program, but when I heard the program title “Speak up Speak now” I thought of Glenn Beck, who is doing just that. He is trying to alert the people that the times they are a changing, and not for our greater good. We are being bullied by those in Washington (on both sides of the aisle) and I just have a feeling that those at your organization and the Florida Holocaust Museum might not support his call to action. I really think most of you have not taken even the time to listen to Mr. Beck.

No one is suggesting another Holocaust will happen or that there is a Hitler-in-waiting, but rather that our country and our freedoms are in danger. So I am writing to see where you really stand on “Speak up Speak now”, because Glenn Beck is doing just that, are you listening? Or is that premise only relevant according to your organizers’ ideals.

The people of the United States, while we still have our Freedoms, need to have a program like “Speak up Speak now”. We need to know that the time to be bystanders and poo-pooer’s has passed. It is now time to be “upstanders”*. On what side of this street do you stand? You have the ear of some of the youth, you have what seems to be a decent program that could reach into the schools & you have the legitimacy the Florida Holocaust Museum offers. Are people like Glenn Beck, who are speaking out and providing supporting facts, respected by your organization or are you just another arm of liberal progressiveness.

I look forward to your response and not a canned reply. I am posting this and your response on Facebook and my blog so that we can all know where your organization really stands. It is nice to say “Speak up Speak now” and use Holocaust survivors to push home the point, but if YOU aren’t willing to listen to certain people with open minds then I have to wonder about your true intent.

Never again!

Carol Klein-Buckingham
Tampa, FL

From the http://www.speakupspeaknow.org web site
*Upstander:
up-stand-der, Noun
Those who do not simply stand by in silence in the face of injustice, but understand that each one of us can make a difference.