Thursday, April 14, 2011

Going, going, gone & so it begins...

I am an obit reader, but I don't look for people my age, I have more personal reasons. I remember hearing old people reading obituaries looking for people their age or younger. Well, it is my conclusion now, it is either me or you. Unless we die together one of us is going to be saying goodbye to the other as sometime. Hopefully, later.

Just heard from an old friend from my childhood days with sad news, another friend of ours - just 57 years young - had passed away. Just like Jeff, she her heart just stopped. No warning. Another friend of ours, he told me, died recently also, from Alzheimers. Damn! We are too young to have Alzheimers, reminder - do crossword puzzles tonight...  Then I told him about another friend who is lying in ICU right now, her body being eaten away at by cancer.

Well, I might drop like Jeff & Sandy did while I am writing this, but when I go, there will be no one who can say I didn't do a lot with the time I had. Yes, I have wasted time, wasted money, wasted youth. But I sure as hell enjoyed the wasting! I am hoping that I have many more hours, days and years to idle away or to fill to the brim. All I want to do is be happy and since I am happy with me that ain't gonna be too hard.

So here is to my love, Jeff, my son Davey, my BFF Rae, my friends Sandy and Marie, and to Linda, still fighting the fight - you are my shield, I hold you up to the enemy Death and say "Vita non est vivere sed valere vita est."