Friday, September 3, 2010

Pardon me NAACP, but you have offended me!

Below are pictures of organs and a baby in the womb, they indicate no race, they are just human. By looking at them, can you tell what race they are. Did the person have dark skin or light, straight hair or curly. What race is that baby? Why can't you tell? Because you can't see the skin. Because under the skin we are ALL THE SAME!
Human Kidney
Human Heart
Human Lung
                                          


Human
I heard about a new group today, teapartywatch.org which was set up by the NAACP. Tea Party Watch, their goal is to see if ANYONE at ANY tea party event says something, has a sign, or a t-shirt that has racist remarks on it. Is there a NAACPwatch.org? Why would anyone do this? I am so offended. I think the biggest hater I am aware of is Rev. Al Sharpton. He not only hates, he lies. He is a pot stirrer. I am always amazed that he is given a voice on Fox News. But I guess they figure he makes TV interesting. But he is bad for the races.

He said that Martin Luther King Jr would have not liked what happened at the Restoring Honor Rally, he said that it wasn't what Dr. King wanted. Dr. King's niece spoke at the Rally and because of her participation in the event she received death threats from those of her race. The liberal TV, blogs & radio say that everyone there was old white people. Not true, the pictures speak for themselves. But here is what I want to say about "old white people".

Most of the "old white people" there were my age, or a little older. Many of the men fought in Viet Nam, side-by-side with men of all races. They are younger than Rev. Sharpton. We aren't old, we are from the generation that Dr. King was speaking too. And we listened. We tried hard to raise our children not to see the color of the skin, but rather, the content of the character. Now I have grandchildren and I see that race usually isn't even an issue with them. I heard it say that almost everyone in the US has friends from other races.

I realize that race relations aren't perfect, but you know what, they aren't as horrible as Rev. Al wants us to believe. But if they weren't, he wouldn't have a platform, he wouldn't have a voice, so he stirs. The old people at the NAACP, they stir.

Yes there are still ghettos and poverty, but who started welfare, and public housing, etc. Not my generation. Those before me, Rev. Al's generation & Dr. King's generation.

When I was younger, if a person of color wore a suit and got a job where they were successful, they were called Uncle Tom's. One man, Charles Payne (Fox News), who grew up in Harlem and appears on Fox Business Network talks about how he dreamed of carrying a briefcase when he was a child. He finally got plastic one and another child stole it and broke it. They said he was trying to be white. But I say no, he was trying to succeed and lift himself up out of Harlem. And he did!

I don't pretend to understand what it is like to be black, but I know this, the people at the Restoring Honor Rally, the majority of the people that attend "tea party" events and Glenn Beck and ME, we are not racists. We want success and happiness for all mankind. We don't want to fight with people because of their religion. We know that people believe different things, we accept that. We don't want to fight with people because of their skin color, most times we don't see it, unless it is pointed out to us, in deed, attitude or word.

If you have more than me, then I am not mad if you are of a different race. I am not jealous, I am not hateful. If you have less than me and I can help, I am there for you. If you need a hand or a prayer. I am there. Everyone I know is like that. EVERYONE. Why must NAACP, Al Sharpton and their kind (not their race, their attitude) paint us all with the brush they taught us in the 50s and 60s not to pick up anymore.

On August 28, 2010, were Dr. King still alive and had he retained his message, the one he had when I was just a kid, I think he would have stood with Alveda King and the others of all races and religions on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial with Glenn Beck and I think he would be ashamed of people like Rev. Al Sharpton who have rode on his coat tails lo these many years! Rev. Al would have done a lot more good standing their with Alveda King that he did by disrespecting the event.